Sunday 19 January 2014

My everyday makeup routine.

Okay, so this is the first time i've done something like this, but here goes my every day makeup routine!
First thing I do is moisturise using Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser, it's nothing fancy but it does give my skin a good moisture boost without being too heavy or sticky. I leave that for around 10 minutes before applying this;
Rimmel Londons Wake Me Up Foundation. I have it in the shade Ivory, the lightest one haha! I usually find foundation makes me break out a LOT, but this one ~touch wood~ has given me fantastic coverage and I've not had a massive breakout since using it. I've found it really brightens my skin, but in the winter months I always have to apply powder as I feel it makes my skin too shiny. 
Once I've applied a light amount to my skin, I then go on to use
Maybelline Fit Me Powder.
This may seem ridiculous, but personally I really, really dislike this powder. I find it has a shimmer to it that I really don't like the look of. HOWEVER, it does remove the shine on my face without sunlight, so is perfectly fine for winter, but to be honest, i'm only using it until I can get to boots to buy a new one that actually works for me. I would not recommend this to a friend, even though its relatively cheap (£5.99) I would not buy it again.

This is the palette I use for my everyday eyeshadow. It's Benefits World Famous Neutrals Easiest Nudes Ever Kit. I actually got this palette as a christmas present and I've used it every day since, I absolutely adore it! For my every day look I use the cream eyeshadow as a base all over the lid in the shade R.S.V.P
It's a gorgeous champagne colour that applies flawlessly and doesn't crease throughout the whole day. It gives just enough colour to be noticeable, but is still incredibly subtle.
 In the outer corner and on the crease of my eyelid I apply Thanks A Latte, a gorgeous light brown shimmery colour. The pigment of this could be better to create a deeper colour, but for everyday subtle wear it's perfect for me and is noticeable on my pale skin. Across the browbone I apply Call My Buff, a shimmery, pale, yellowish colour that highlights my brow bone. I also apply it into the inner corner of my eyes to open them up.
This is what the eyeshadow looks like after i've applied it.
As it's a quite subtle look, I then apply winged eyeliner using the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Precision Micro Liner pen.
I've been a massive fan of winged liner for around four years, yet i somehow only discovered eyeliner pens last year, they are a saviour and are the only way I've been able to get similar wings. At first this pen was very precise and had a very black pigment, after having it for a while the end of the pen has become quite weak, making it harder to get a precise point. Also, as the eyeliner is being used up, it gets harder to gain the strong black pigment. But for £3.49 its a complete bargain and worth the price!
Lastly, I apply Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara in extreme black (I know, there's a rimmel theme haha!) The brush is quite small which personally, I love. It is my new favourite mascara as it lengthens my lashes to the point of some people thinking I'm wearing Falsies, but does not clump them together. For £5.99 I felt it was quite good value.



I hope this was good/useful/idk worth it?
Thanks for reading 
Lucy xo


No comments:

Post a Comment