Wednesday 22 January 2014

TIGI S Factor Review

Helloo, as my everyday makeup routine went down surprisingly well, today I'm gonna review some TIGI hair products!

As I dye my hair quite frequently, it tends to become quite dry, dull and frizzy, so I'm always looking out for nourishing shampoos and conditioners to give my hair a little boost. For years now I've been using Herbal Essences 'Ignite My Colour' and whilst it does make my hair feel like it's in better condition, it doesn't really give it a vibrant shine.
After seeing the TIGI products on a Zoella video, I decided to look at the products and give them a go. At the moment I have three TIGI products, TIGI S Factor True Lasting Colour Shampoo and Conditioner, and TIGI S Factor Smoothing Lusterizer.

The first product I'm going to talk about is the True Lasting Colour Shampoo and Conditioner (750ml). I absolutely adore the packaging on the whole TIGI range, it's simple but still looks lovely. The first thing I noticed about this product is it's delicious smell, it's a light coconut and almond scent and makes my hair smell divine! 
Using it for the first time, I honestly thought it would dry out my hair completely by the way it felt in the shower. I'm not sure if I'm the only person that, when wet, had hair that felt like straw after using this? However, when it was dry my hair had such a beautiful, vibrant shine to it, the healthiest looking my hair has been in a long time. I was also extremely surprised by the intensity of the colour it left my hair with, as having faded red hair has left me with a dull orange/red colour but after using this product, it looked glossy and sleek. 
I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who colours their hair and is after a decent, salon quality product at a reasonable price. I actually bought mine in the feel unique sale, so I got the two 750ml bottles for around £26.90 (!!!), I think it's normal price is around £33.95? With bottles this big, I can tell this product is going to last me a very, very long time!
The second product I use is the Smoothing Lusterizer Defrizzer & Tamer.
Naturally I have always had stupidly wavy and frizzy hair and the recent years of dying and bleaching it have not helped with the situation. I've tried countless de-frizzing products but always felt my hair was left heavy and sticky by the thickness of the serum inside.
It's a completely different story with this product. I fell in love with this when it arrived, firstly because of the scrumptious strawberries and cream scent and second, the lightness of the actual product.
 I used it straight away and found it actually did the job, it tamed my frizzy mane and left my hair looking sleek and professional. Not only did it smooth my hair, it made it look healthy and shiny due to the shimmering glitter of some sorts in the product that reflects the light. 
My only criticism of this product is that when I used it near the top of my hair, it automatically caused it to look greasy and flat. I think this may just be due to the closeness of the hair to my head. Unfortunately this can sometimes (on extreme frizz-days!) leave me with a half frizzy, half smooth head of hair. 
Apart from that minor flaw in the product, I can safely say this 'Lusterizer' is a life saver for my problematic hair and I'd definitely recommend this to anyone.
At £15.25 I think this is a reasonable price to pay as I've been unable to find a frizz-tamer at anything cheaper!

Overall I can safely say I love the TIGI products and I'll soon be investing in the S Factor "Serious" Conditioner and Spray Heat Defender!

Thanks for reading :)
Lucy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment