Sunday 2 February 2014

Birthday? Birthday.

On the 31st January I turned 17, which in itself is completely insane. I'm not entirely sure where the past years have gone, my 10th birthday seemed like it was 2 years ago, not 7!
I've always thought of 17 as a very practical year, learning to drive and all that. So I didn't expect any physical 'gifts' from anyone, just driving lessons. Turns out I was spoilt rotten by friends and family members, not only did I get 10 driving lessons, I got some pretty amazing gifts. This isn't a post to brag, just to express my gratitude for people and how caring they are.
This is the main bulk of my gifts from friends and family, minus a few things. They got me some pretty special gifts, from music to films to tv shows to lush, they all know me so well. If any of you read this, thank you so much, you're awesome!


Until around 7:30pm the night before my birthday, I wasn't expecting to do anything! It was gonna be a stay at home and watch films with the family kind of birthday. My friend Hayley sent me a text asking me to keep the night of my birthday free. It was so nice to know that I was actually going to see her, as two of my best friends go to a different college, we rarely meet up.




It was so nice to spend an evening with them, gossiping and catching up with each others lives. In a way not seeing them constantly makes it even better when we do all see each other. 


It's funny because one of my other close friends, Alex, has the same birthday as me. So to celebrate his, the next day we all went over for pizza and movies. Alex is essentially a 70 year old man (not sure if you can tell by the dressing gown) which is the funniest thing when 17 year olds are there making your house messy. It was so relaxing to get a big group of us together and just mess about, even if we did argue about pizza for around 30 minutes! I much preferred it to a party in which you rarely speak to the people you want to. 



So basically, I had an amazing birthday and my friends are great! 
Thank you for reading, I hope you all have fab birthdays this year
Lucy
xx






No comments:

Post a Comment