Wednesday 5 February 2014

January Favourites

Here we are, a month into the year already, I guess it's time to do a January favourites!
I was actually hoping to do this post before February had begun but college and work seemed to always get in the way!

As this is the first favourites post I've done, I was entirely unsure what topics to cover. After hours of contemplating, I'm just gonna include it all! I'm hoping as the months go by I'll have more substantial favourites as I discover what it is I love this year.


The first favourite of this month is make up related. This Benefit World Famous Neutrals - Easiest Nudes Ever eye shadow palette has been a life saver. I use it daily and it's just so easy to create an effective, light look. The shadows are beautiful, don't crease and last all day, my favourite part of the palette is the cream shadows in the pot. It was a Christmas gift from my godmother but I can tell that when I've used it all up I'll definitely be buying a new one. At £23.50 I first thought it was a tad expensive, but with the minimal amount you need for a day time look I can tell it's going to last a very long time. I actually used it in my first ever blog post .


Another Christmas gift I've been loving is my Inheritance Cycle book set. I've been wanting to read this series ever since I saw Eragon in the cinemas (little did I know then that the film and book are so ridiculously different) Reading is one of my favourite past times, so new books are always a perk for me. Fantasy is one of my favourite genres, and ever since I've started to read these, I couldn't put them down. I'm halfway through Brisingr and I absolutely adore them, they're such an easy read but also set my imagination off leaving me wanting a pet dragon (but c'mon, who doesn't want a pet dragon?!)




Funnily enough, my next favourite was also a Christmas present (a recurring theme I think? What else was I to expect a month after Christmas!) I'm a bit candles nuts if I'm honest, I have so many in different fragrances, yet I've never had a yankee candle before. My Mum got me the Christmas Cookie scent which smells absolutely delicious. I'm not really the type for really sweet candles but this literally smells like cookies, I don't know how you couldn't love it. The smell is stronger than any candle I've used before, I assume that's a Yankee trait? By no means is that a negative thing, for once I can actually smell the candle when it's burning.
I light this way too often, and I'm definitely taking a trip to the Yankee shop to get some yummy spring scents!



Finally, my last favourite is something I've raved about in my TIGI S Factor Review. Its the Smoothing Lusterizer! I use this almost every day because it leaves my hair looking healthy, and without frizz (which with my hair, is a near miracle) I'm pleasantly surprised with how long this product has lasted and it's definitely become a staple hair care item in my life over the past few months. The best part of it is that it doesn't cost an arm and a leg, at only £15.25 it's a bargain, especially for something that lasts so long.











I hope you enjoyed this post, comment below with your January favourites!
Until next time
Lucy
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment